- Jan 21 2023
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Educator Workshop: New Year, New Approaches to Writing Instruction
Join us, in partnership with the Northern Virginia Writing Project, for this FREE educator workshop at the Fairfax campus of George Mason University and earn a 3-hour Certificate of Completion.
New Year, New Approaches to Writing Instruction
In this three-hour event, participants will engage in three professional development workshops:
- Writing Wednesday Workshop: Learn how to harness the power of creative writing to enhance core ELA skills.
- Beyond the 5-Paragraph Essay: Provide support to emerging writers without relying on writing formulas that stifle creativity and thoughtfulness.
- Teachers as Writers: Experience the power of creative writing firsthand as teachers unleash their inner writer.
When: January 21st
Time: 9:00 – 12:00
Where: George Mason University, Fairfax Campus
This exciting event is open to DC-area educators who are:
- Current or aspiring Secondary ELA teachers
- College Composition or English Professors
- Teacher Education Program Professors
- Secondary Homeschool Educators
- Tutors or Writing Center Guides
Register to attend this in-person event.